This work is a collection of some papers wherein the author has made a comparative study of the concepts like God, self, time, space, matter, substance and quality, Law of Karman etc., as found in different systems of Indian philosophy. In the view of the author, most of these concepts have not been properly explained by-the propunders themselves or have been mis-interpreted either by the followers or by the critics. In the present work, he has ventured to offer his own interpretations to unveil the real and original nature of these concepts. He has tried also to present his own observations on these concepts, which bear evidence to his original thoughts. His interpretations and observations further point to an underlying unity of thought among the different systems of Indian philosophy.
About the Author
Dr. K. P. Sinha passed M. A. in Sanskrit from the Jadavpur University in 1963. He obtained the Ph. D. degree from the same University in 1968 and the D. Lit. degree from the Burdwan University in 1982. Dr. Sinha is a devoted researcher in different fields of Indian philosophy. Besides, he is the first exponent of the Bishnupriya Manipuri linguistics.
Dr. Sinha's other works are:-
1. Nyaya-Darsana-Vimarsah (in Sanskrit).
2. Sankara-Vedante Jnana-Mimansa (in Sanskrit)
3. Sankara-Vedante Tattva-Mimansa (in Sanskrit)
4. Nairatmkyavada-the Buddhist Theory of Not-self.
5. The Bishnupriya Manipuri Language.
6. The Bishnupria Manipuris-Their Language, Literature and Culture.
7. Bishnupriya Manipuri Bhasatattvar Ruparekha (in Bishnupriya Manipuri)
8. Prabhandha-Mala (in Bishnupriya Manipuri)
9. An Etymological Dictionary of Bishnupriya Manipuri
10. Theories of Creations in Indian Philosophy-A Synthesis
11. The Philosophy of Jainism
12. The Absolute in Vedanta
Your email address will not be published *
Send as free online greeting card
for saving your wish list, viewing past orders, receiving discounts, and lots more...
Email a Friend