Dr. Pappu Venugopala Rao, (born 1948) a well-known scholar, poet, musicologist, Sanskritist, dance theoretician, writer and orator has more than 20 books on various subjects to his credit.
He holds three Masters in English, Sanskrit and Telugu, Phd in Sanskrit-Telugu, a Doctor of Letters in Indology and an all India Gold Medal in Business Management.
The most recent of his books that have received acclaim are ‘Flowers at His Feet’, Science of Sricakra’, ‘Rasamanjari’ ‘Bunch of Javalis’ and Nritta Rathnavaii. He has presented and published over 100 research papers.
After 32 years of service as Associate Director General with the American Institute of Indian Studies,
Dr. Pappu now holds many important portfolios in prominent institutions,
• Visiting Professor, Radhakrishnan Chair, University of Hyderabad
• Visiting Professor, Tumkur University, Karnataka
• Member, Sangeet Natak Akedemi, New Delhi,
• Member of Experts’ Committee and Secretary, The Music Academy, Madras,
• Editor, Journal of the Music Academy,
• Conducts the morning Lecture Demonstration sessions at The Music Academy since 2008.
• Editor of Sangita Sampradaya Pradarshini English translation critical edition, The Music Academy supported by eminent members of Editorial Board.
• Member of the Academic Council, Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai etc,
• Advisory Board Member Shasun Jain College for Women, Chennai
He is the coordinator of the Sri Venkateswara Bhakti Channel of Tirumala Tirupathi Devsathanams.
His lectures on music, dance, religion, philosophy and literature.
His workshops on Natya Sastra given all over the world, particularly at the Harvard University, have received high critical acclaim and an equal amount of appreciation from artistes and rasikas.
He held Natya Sastra workshops in Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra In India and in many parts of the USA. He is holding Natya Sastra workshops this year in Singapore, Russia and UK.
He has been delivering a monthly ‘Pravachanam’, spiritual discourses to elite audiences every month at the TAG Centre in Chennai, dealing with various topics of Hinduism.
He is an adjudicator of Doctoral dissertations in dance, music, Theatre Arts and literature for a number of Universities across the globe.
Some recent Awards:
• Artiste of the Year 2012 from Bangalore Gayana Samaja
• Nritya Kala Saagara from Cleveland Thygaraja aradhana 2012
• Musicologist Award, Music Forum, Mumbai, 2013
Your email address will not be published *
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend