• Time to get your family together and pack your begs. The book will guide you to wide variety of family friendly holiday destinations. In these pages you’ll find something to suit your inclinations, tastes and budget.
• A choice of cool and crisp hill stations where families traditionally go for holidays. Walk under pin trees, go boating and horse riding and of course lick yummy softies.
• Seaside towns conducive for family holidays. A variety of beaches in Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa and Maharashtra to enjoy the spread of sand and the rush of waves.
• For the more adventurous we bring activities that families can go in for easy walks in the hills rafting skiing snorkelling and camping.
• Wildlife destinations that have the infrastructure to make them enjoyable for families. Within details about places to stay and activities.
• A special section devoted to trim your fat holidays walking in the hills and in Goa!
• A selection section resorts across the country recommended for families.
• Want resorts that are also quick getaways from the metros? We bring you a choice.
It's with our families that much of our holidaying is done.
Traditionally, large families embarked on long journeys
once a year and the planning (and packing of food items
for the train) itself was worthy of some travel articles.
Now nuclear families take off in their cars on weekends.
resorts keep honing the concept of family holidays and
large groups of friends - the new families - take off
together. So it was time we did a travel guide especially
focused on families.
We have destinations in the hills where the air is crisp and
the views enchanting. Beaches with their immense
stretches of sand to play on and waves that make us all
innocent again. Wildlife sanctuaries where the forest is a
never-ending thrill and we can all get up on an elephant
and go in search of tigers. We also have other suggestions
- try a joy ride in a toy train, go snorkelling in the sea or
rafting in a river. Or discover the pleasures of going for
long walks together. hand in hand with butterflies, wild
flowers and dry leaves to make a collection of. And then
there are resorts for those who like a well-contained
experience with a lot of pampering, We've done an extra
search for convenient ones near the metros.
The variety was inevitable. Such a varied assortment of
domestic units and larger groups of kith and kin enliven
the concept of 'family'. This is for you if you identify with
the modern nuclear family; bigger units with parents.
grandparents and more children; brothers- and sisters-in-
law and their children; large clan-like groupings with
many uncles and aunts; or even big groups of family or
office friends. Mostly it is the kids who are the life and
blood of a family. the focus around which It All revolves.
and so we have given special attention to their needs and
wants. Have a great time ...
Your email address will not be published *
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend