Some spa facilities provide bathing in various other liquids such as chocolate or mud. There have been examples of bathing in champagne. milk, baked beans and all manner of other substances. The intentional exposure of the body to any agent may be considered bathing, for example to sunlight (sunbathing).
Bathing serves several purposes:
• Hygiene, and the physical appearance of cleanliness
• Decontamination from chemical, biological, nuclear or other exposure-type hazards.
• Therapy (e.g. hydrotherapy), healing, rehabilitation from injury or addiction, relaxation (e.g. Blessed Rainy Day)
• Religious, or, less frequently, other ceremonial rites (e.g. Baptism, Mikvah)
• Celebration and socialization, e.g. running through fountains after winning the World Series, or jumping through a hole cut in the ice over a lake on New Year's Eve.
Book's Contents and Sample Pages
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend